Thursday, October 28, 2010

Celtic Rock!

Celtic rock, well, ROCKS!  At least as far as I'm concerned it does! 

I've always loved the sound of bagpipes (duh, I'm a true Scot!) but the first time I ever heard Seven Nations I was in awe!  I mean, they took the sound of the pipes and put it with rock and I fell in love!

I remember it like it was yesterday!  I was at the Grandfather Mountain highland games and was sitting on a big hill and they came on.  Had never heard of them and had no earthly idea they were gonna rock my world!  Before they started playing a bunch of people had gotten up and moved down to the valley where they were playing, but we just stayed where we were.  I mean, after all, we could hear and see everything - it was the perfect spot really.  Or at least I thought that until I heard them!  I jumped and said, "I've gotta get closer, I'm going to dance!!"  And off we went!  

Since then, I have been a complete groupie!  When they come close to my area, I go!  They have changed and evolved over the years but I love their new stuff just like I did their old! 

This little video is one I took while they were playing tonight at a beach bar on St Pete Beach.  It's not that great of quality and I think they were having some sound issues anyways so I'm also including the whole song from youtube so you can hear what they really sound like!

I told ya you were gonna get lots of silly videos from me since I got this little video camera and here is just one more!  Hope ya like it!  

Kisses ~ Kristine





1 comment: