Friday, June 25, 2010

Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico

There are many, many things I would like to say about the oil spill - they have run through my head over and over - but sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. And this is definitely one of those times! I've been in Florida for most of my life and consider myself a Floridian at this point. My husband (Swampdawg) knows how much this disaster has troubled not just myself but my grown kids, too. He put this video together for me, but I wanted to share it with you because it is so poignant and close to my heart! Hope you enjoy it but also hope that it makes you stop to think, as well!

I usually try to be upbeat and don't bitch and moan too much but I just can't ignore how much damage this spill is doing to our environment and to the people that it is directly affecting, and in the long run, the people that it will affect for many years and decades to come!

Promise to be your favorite happy go lucky Kristine again next post! I'll even tell ya all about my super fun vacation! Check back for that soon!

Kisses

Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment