Friday, November 13, 2009

The Sweetest Thing!

Ok, so I know you didn't think you would hear from me again, but just had to share this with ya before I head out for the weekend!
I just saw the sweetest thing ever - a man and his young son were heading down the street and an older man was heading towards them. As they got closer you could tell they were going to meet each other and obviously not seen in each other in some time. The little boy started to play peek-a-boo behind Dad's legs as the older gentleman approached. He played along and greeted the Dad with a big hug. Then Dad said, hey, don't you want to see Grandpa to the little boy and he JUMPED into the Grandpa's arms and just hugged his neck for as long as I was able to watch.
Why this hit me they way it did I have no idea? But it just made me think of how we should ALL do that to all the people we love a little more often. It doesn't have to be reserved just for kids and grandparents - we can do it to our parents, spouses, kids, even friends that we just couldn't live without!
That's my mushy post before I head out to the woods! But don't think I won't be giving my loved ones a better hug and greeting the next time I see them! You try it too!
Kisses
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment